Improve Discipline and Control to Become a Better Person
Self-control creates an increased focus to concentrate on doing what is right for your body and self-discipline is the key to self-improvement. Hi, my name is Jin Won Kim,
People all over Rockville are finding that you will build your character, earn the respect of others, reach your full potential, and to improve discipline and control to become a better person when you participate in our US White Tiger Martial Arts martial arts program.
In and out of the martial arts school, you will seek to improve your interaction with others, how you work at your job, your diet, sleeping habits, and overall sense of mind. That’s what makes martial arts so useful to human growth.
If you would like to improve discipline and control in your life, join us for the finest martial arts classes in North Bethesda/ Aspen Hill/ Gaithersburg.
I’ve read about 4 social psychology books on behavior change. Based on the review of that literature, I would suggest the following 14 changes to improve changes and control:
- Get clear on your why (write it down). How is this consistent with your life goals?
- Get clear on your outcome (write it down)
- Set the path (make it easier, lower the barriers). Borrowed from Switch by Chip and Dan Heath
- Accountability. Peer pressure works.
- Gamify the experience (data in a tool or chart. The Getting Things Done methodology might be a good example of this. Also, you can provide a multiplier for more important tasks. Quora or Google productivity tools or getting things done)
- Change your associations or reframe
- Make it enjoyable if possible. Fun helps.
- Figure out what might be blocking you & change it (ie the why behind your status quo or your current behavior).
- Patience & determination.
- Figure out your trigger events. (based on BJ Fogg). You may add positive triggers as necessary
- Give yourself time to make an intelligent decision whenever your decision-point occurs.
Jin Won Kim
US White Tiger Martial Arts
5050 A Nicolson Ln
Rockville, MD 20852
P.S.: For a NO OBLIGATION, “No Strings Attached” offer for a FREE introductory martial arts class, click on the word “Programs” in the top navigation bar on this page and select the program you would like to try.